Hello from HIVE
Hive is the region’s first cultural precinct and serves as both a community hub and a drawcard destination for visitors to the region. It has been developed by the Central Coast Council, with funding from the Commonwealth and Tasmanian governments.
Inspired by the concept of a beehive, Hive has been designed as a space for community to gather, explore, share and grow. This bold undertaking represents a vital new asset for our community.
We’re excited to share that Hive includes:
- The largest dome planetarium in Tasmania
- The first Tasmanian Science Centre
- The Ulverstone Visitor Information Centre
- The Ulverstone History Museum
- The Community History Archive
- An Art Gallery with regularly changing exhibitions
- Workshop spaces with local arts and woodcraft community groups, Leven Regional Arts, and the North-west Woodcraft Guild
- and the wonderful 70 Acres Espresso Bar Café