Parties & Functions
Kids Birthday Parties & Private Functions
- Availability: Saturday & Sunday
- Set Time: 11am – 1:30pm (plus full facility access afterwards)
- Number of Children: min 10 – max 30
- Ages: 5+
- Base price starts from $20 per-head and will vary with additional catering selections
- Due to catering requirements birthday bookings need to be confirmed and paid in full, one week prior to event.
Let our friendly and experienced party hosts take the stress out of children’s party planning with a fun, educational and hands-on STEM themed birthday party
Our 2.5-hour party program includes:
- Dedicated party room for food, cake etc (access is available 30 mins before the party to decorate)
- A private, tailor-made visit to the Planetarium with our live host talking about the stars or another favourite subject matter of the birthday child.
- An amazing private workshop with the choice of themes (listed below)
- A choice of themed mini-movies from our extensive collection to be shown in the digital theatre (e.g. dinosaur extinction, space travel etc)
- Full access to the museum and science centre for the day
Enquiries to be taken after January 2022.
Birthday Party Workshop Themes
Inktastic - calligraphy chemistry
The guests will make Iron gall ink, use the ink in calligraphy and learn about the use of Iron Gall ink for high quality documents from Pharaonic times to the present day – a fact which allowed the archaeological use of MRI to recover erased words.
We take a colourful twist on an old favourite with the colour changing volcano. The children are then engaged making Chromatography flowers or butterflies and a bracelet of colour changing beads
Guests make Sherbet to take home, experimenting to see which ingredients cause the fizz. The sherbet reaction is then raced with coke-and-mentos to see which one is faster, then the children get to launch “film canister” rockets.
Paint your own dinosaur
Is that a tooth or claw? How do they know what fish scales looked like?
Party participants will learn about dinosaurs as they choose their own creature and have a go at hand painting a trilobite, ammonite or another Triassic treasure.